
finntroll 1984 SPONGEBOB WARFARE (FINN'S WAR TALES #4A WW I BATTLEFIELD 1) This video is a tribute to the German side of mechanical warfare during WW I: the U-boats or submarines. Not only France, Russia and Great Britain were involved in this battle but also the Commonwealth colonies (Sudan, South Africa, India, Japan, New Zealand, Australia, Canada and Newfoundland). At the start of WW I Britain owned 25% of the World! Needless to say, the Royal Navy was the largest fleet in the world. 351 German subs were made and only 217 were lost in the entire period of WW I. But while submerged, there was zero visibility! In order to target an enemy ship the U-boat had to emerge, leaving it vulnerable for incoming projectiles. The HMS Monarch and the HMS Pathfinder were among the first British ships to go down by the hand of Germany's Navy in August 1914 and 9 British battleships had been sunk by the end of 1914. In 1915 Germany started to target supply ships and merchant ships, which led up to a British blockade in the North Sea. Kaiser Wilhelm saw this as a means to starve the German population to death, so HMS Lusitania was attacked and destroyed by U-20 on May 7, 1915. Around 1,200 people lost their lives in this attack, including women and children. US President Woodrow Wilson investigated it, condemned it as a major violation and kept a strict eye on the German Navy, while Kaiser Wilhelm waved it away as a misunderstanding. Also in the Ottoman Empire the U-boats played a role and by 1916 they were everywhere in Europe, from the Atlantic to the Arctic Sea. On April 6, 1917, USA finally joined WW I but it took 19 more months until the last U-boats were silenced. The Germans even traveled to South Africa and East USA with their subs! The most notorious sub was SM U-35, with Lothar von Arnauld de la Perière as its longest serving commander. U-35 sank 224 merchant ships, 195 were destroyed under command of de la Perière. After the war, the German battleships were stored in Scapa Flow naval base in Britain and even destroyed on July 21, 1919... BY THE GERMANS THEMSELVES! This is where we leave WW I behind to go into the Treaty of Versailles, known by the Germans as the 'Terror of Versailles'. My deepest respects to all the soldiers and victims of the Great War. finntroll 1984: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1sG...
SPONGEBOB WARFARE (FINNTROLL 1984'S WAR TALES #4A WW I BATTLEFIELD 1) - YouTube |
| 18 Likes | 18 Dislikes |
| 77 views views | 4,932 followers |
| Gaming | Upload TimePublished on 27 Sep 2017 |
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét